F&R is seeking a leader with a background in private sector and governmental construction projects to provide construction materials testing and special inspection services, and project management. You are responsible for coordinating of the efforts of other engineers, technicians, special inspectors, and sub-consultants to deliver results that ensure our goal of exceeding our clients’ expectations on every project. Projects will be located within the Western Carolinas (Upstate South Carolina and Western North Carolina regions).
The Tasks may be required to perform may include, but are not limited to:
• Perform field inspections, testing, and special inspection services. Field work will include testing soil, concrete, asphalt, and other construction materials.
• Project management of construction materials testing and special inspection projects addressing building materials such as soils, asphalt, and concrete.
• Reviewing reports, plans, drawings, specifications and other project data.
• Adhering to project budgets, record keeping, materials testing, and inspections.
• Coordinating and communicating with contractors and clients.
• Supervising and directing engineering technicians, special inspectors and subcontractors.
• Evaluating, selecting, and applying standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures, and criteria during the performance of engineering services.
• Work with staff of engineers, technicians, and admin personnel to provide service.
• Satisfy multiple and unrelated deadlines.
• Preparing technical reports and letters.
• The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Be a team player who is self-motivated and performance driven.
• Candidates with knowledge of area business and industry practices preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Engineering Technologies, or with appropriate construction background.
• Strong oral and written communication skills along with the ability to work in a team environment.
• Physical exertion may be required to climb scaffolding, move a loaded wheelbarrow, lift up to 50 lbs., or for similar activities.
• Must pass drug screen.
• Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record.
EOE M/F/D/V/SO. Drug Free Workplace