Froehling & Robertson, Inc., one of the oldest independent consulting environmental, engineering, and testing firms in the United States, is seeking a Business Development Manager to support F&R’s Charlotte office. The position requires a working knowledge of engineering, testing, and environmental consulting.
Responsibilities associated with this position include but are not limited to:
• Develop and implement strategic business development plan that outlines the level of activity needed to meet office objectives. Meet or exceed goals established for success of the branch.
• Seek out and cultivate long term business relationships within industry navigating the sale process to influence decision makers at all levels
• Circulating within the local and regional business communities to develop relationships and opportunities for F&R to bid on projects, increase exposure and build F&R brand within the market.
• Coordinating the BD commitments and activities of the Operations staff to ensure that they are contributing to the success of the office’s BD efforts.
• Staging and leading internal BD meetings with select operations staff.
• Researching new work opportunities by reviewing electronic lead sources.
• Assisting in the preparation of RFPs, SOQs, and other written submittals.
• Providing input into the development of the branch’s annual business plan.
• Utilizing F&R’s CRM system to track branch business and recognize trends that need to be addressed and/or capitalized.
• Develop and maintain working knowledge/understanding of F&R core business units to competitively position F&R against competitors.
• Join and participate in Industry focused groups and events.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred. (Successful industry sales experience will be considered in lieu of education.)
• 5 or more years’ successful sales experience; related industry experience highly preferred.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both oral and written.
• Significant working experience with word processing, spreadsheet, database management and e-mail software.
• Must be able to successfully manage numerous assignments and meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work independently and within teams to achieve goals.
• Successful candidates will have past experience selling engineering services.
• Must be able to travel in and out of territory up to 50% and participate in industry events
• Must be willing to participate in and pass F&R’s pre-employment screening including a background investigation, drug screening and driving record.
• Must continue to maintain a safe driving record and valid driver’s license to fulfill travel requirements of this positon.
EOE M/F/D/V/SO. Drug Free Workplace.