F&R is seeking a highly motivated Industrial Hygiene Project Manager for our Raleigh, North Carolina office. The selected candidate will work independently on a variety of industrial hygiene projects (e.g., asbestos, lead-based paint, mold, and other hazardous materials) within an interdisciplinary team of environmental professionals comprised of engineers, geologists, hydrogeologists, environmental scientists, and industrial hygienists. Primary responsibilities for this position will include: direction and oversight for our Raleigh team pertaining to industrial hygiene services, project management, overseeing support staff, preparing proposals and reports, performing site visits, and managing client relationships. The candidate should have a firm understanding of NC industrial hygiene regulations and have experience managing and performing Hazardous Building Materials Inspections and other industrial hygiene services.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• Manage a diverse portfolio of industrial hygiene projects.
• Interact with existing and potential clients in a confident manner.
• Perform asbestos abatement oversight and monitoring within a variety of settings.
• Write and review technical reports and proposals pertaining to industrial hygiene services.
• Coordinate and manage industrial hygiene support staff and projects.
• Select, hire, and manage subcontractors.
• Provide technical assistance regarding NC industrial hygiene regulations.
• Participate in occasional overnight travel and/or weekend work.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant scientific discipline.
• At least five years of demonstrated technical IH experience.
• North Carolina Asbestos Project Designer, Management Planner, and Asbestos Inspector Accreditations.
• North Carolina Asbestos Project Monitor Accreditation preferred.
• NC Lead Risk Assessor and NC Lead Inspector certifications a plus.
• Familiarity with environmental regulations and compliance practices.
• Ability and willingness to mentor and train staff.
• Proficiency with standard word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
• Excellent research, writing, organizational, and language skills.
• Team player who is self-motivated and reliable.
• Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record.
Froehling & Robertson, Inc., (F&R) is the oldest independent testing/engineering company in the country. We are a minority-owned business that offers competitive compensation and benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect for all.
EOE M/F/D/V/SO. Drug Free Workplace.