As a Construction Materials Testing Field Technician, you will observe contractors on construction sites and perform basic field soil and concrete tests under the direction of other F&R technicians or engineering professionals to ensure that testing, sampling, or inspection is performed consistent with project specifications. With minimal paperwork involved, all observations and test data is input on smart phones in the field for immediate transmittal to our Project Managers for review.
The tasks may be required to perform include, but are not limited to:
• Performing field materials testing of soil, asphalt, and concrete.
• Preparing detailed and complete field reports with all relevant test results and observations provided.
• Performing basic laboratory tests on soil and concrete and preparing reports of results.
• Evaluating site conditions on construction projects and providing recommendations.
• Communicating with clients, contractors, and engineering and technician staff regarding construction issues.