F&R is seeking a Driller for the Raleigh office. The candidate will work in a geotechnical engineering services department that provides professional services on a wide variety of private and public sector projects including buildings, bridges and roadways. This position will require some out of town travel, primarily within North Carolina. The candidate will lead a drill crew to operate an exploratory drilling rig and perform test borings for subsurface explorations. The test borings are performed in a variety of settings ranging from undeveloped wooded land to existing highways. The drilling will be performed with one of F&R’s truck-mounted, rubber-tired ATV, skid-mounted, track-mounted or portable drilling rigs.
The tasks may be required to perform may include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for supervising a two-person drill crew.
• Performance of test borings using hollow stem augers or mud-rotary techniques, various in-situ tests including SPT, and rock coring.
• Maintaining tooling and preparing for work for assignments.
• Setting up tooling and sampling equipment
• Using GPS to establish boring locations and aid in performing site reconnaissance.
HERE IS WHO YOU NEED TO BE
• A professional with an understanding of the engineering service industry.
• A problem solver that can address roadblocks with poise and control.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
• Prior experience working on a drill crew and providing drilling services.
• Ability to lift heaving tooling and perform laborious work daily.
• Ability to work with an assistant, and effectively lead the drill crew.
• Strong project or task management skills, including scheduling, execution and follow-up.
• Class A CDL a plus.
• State-issued well driller certification a plus.
F&R offers competitive pay based on candidate experience and other benefits including: health, vision and dental insurance, 401K plan, Long Term Disability, Basic Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and paid time off for holidays and sick leave.
EOE M/F/D/V/SO. Drug Free Workplace