F&R is seeking a motivated and detail oriented leader to provide resident fulltime Project Inspector duties on state owned construction projects within the Roanoke, Virginia area. You will be responsible for working in a team environment consisting of owners, architects, structural engineers, and contractors to ensure that construction is being performed in compliance with the requirements set forth in the Commonwealth of Virginia Construction Professional Services Manual (CPSM) and under the supervision of the Bureau of Capital Outlay Management (BCOM).
The tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• Perform field inspections as required by the CPSM manual on a daily basis.
• Verify that all construction materials delivered to the site are in conformance with the approved project submittals.
• Verify that the construction, fabrication and installation of proper materials is being done per the contract documents.
• Communicates effectively with the owner, designer, testing agencies and contractor.
• Assists in the coordination of the third party inspections during construction.
• Preparing daily field reports of the day’s construction activities.
• The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Be a team player who is self-motivated and performance driven.
• Local candidates with knowledge of area business and industry practices preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Engineering Technologies, or a related field is preferred but not required.
• 2 - 7 years of Project Inspector experienced required.
• Strong oral and written communication skills along with the ability to work in a team environment.
• Must pass drug screen.
• OSHA 10 Hour, OSHA 30 Hour, and CPR/First Aid certification a plus.
• Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record.
EOE M/F/D/V/SO. Drug Free Workplace