F&R is seeking a motivated and detail oriented leader to provide Project Management duties on state owned construction projects within the Roanoke, Virginia area. You will be responsible for working in a team environment consisting of owners, architects, structural engineers, and contractors to ensure that construction is being performed in compliance with the requirements set forth in the Commonwealth of Virginia Construction Professional Services Manual (CPSM) and under the supervision of the Bureau of Capital Outlay Management (BCOM).
The tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• Act as the owner’s representative, managing all aspects of the job from design, during construction and through project close-out. Review and approval of all pay applications and invoices as it relates to the construction of the project.
• Ensure that all third party inspections are completed and all tests, inspections and re-inspections have been completed and are done so per the contract documents.
• Tracking the financial side of the project to ensure that all aspects of the job are on track and on budget.
• Tracking and verifying that the contractor’s construction project is on schedule and any delays are corrected during the construction process.
• Attend project progress meetings during construction.
• The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Be a team player who is self-motivated and performance driven.
• Local candidates with knowledge of area business and industry practices preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Engineering Technologies, or a related field is preferred but not required.
• 10 years of Project Management experienced preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication skills along with the ability to work in a team environment.
• Professional registration, other job relevant certification such as CCM and CCE also preferred.
• Must pass a 10 panel drug screen.
• OSHA 10 Hour, OSHA 30 Hour, and CPR/First Aid certification a plus.
• Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record.
EOE M/F/D/V/SO. Drug Free Workplace