Froehling & Robertson, Inc., one of the oldest independent consulting engineer/testing firms in the United States, is seeking a Geotechnical and Materials Laboratory Technician to support clients in our Roanoke, Virginia branch. The ideal candidate will be responsible for carrying out laboratory tests as well as maintaining accreditation through CCRL and AMRL.
• Performing, recording and reporting the results of basic laboratory procedures for soils, asphalt, aggregates, and concrete (for compaction, particle size, quality, and chemical composition) using a variety of specialized equipment including nuclear soils density gauge, scales, ovens, meters, or other apparatus.
• ACI, NICET and/or VDOT certifications for geotechnical laboratory and/or field testing is strongly preferred.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in geology, engineering or similar field is a plus.
• Able to work independently or in a team environment.
• Attention to detail and organizational skills mandatory.
• Must be able to Lift, Push, Pull, or Carry (=70 lbs) on a continual basis while performing the duties of this position. Some job requirements may require field work in all weather conditions.
• Valid Driver’s license by hire date
EOE M/F/D/V/SO. Drug Free Workplace