Froehling & Robertson, Inc., the oldest independent engineering company in the country with offices spanning Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina.
F&R is a minority-owned business that offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect for all.
Come join our team as a Staff Accountant in our Corporate office in Richmond, VA. This is a great opportunity to grow and stretch your skills with a great team.
The Staff Accountant will support the activities of the Controller. This position will be responsible for preliminary accounting functions.
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• General Ledger accounting and reconciliation
• Business license and property tax return preparation
• Prepare standard journal entries
• Assist in month-end and year-end closings
• Other duties as needed.
HERE IS WHO YOU WILL BE:
Though this is an entry level position, you will bring some things with you that are critical to this role, like being:
• Dependable - your team is counting on you to show up and work hard.
• Able to Collaborate - show up with a great attitude ready to pitch in and help on any assignment from the small mundane tasks to the big projects.
• Focused on Details, Details, Details – you have to be able to be organized, pay attention to the small stuff and be willing to correct errors or problems.
• A Spreadsheet Wizard – typically referred to as intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel user.
• Keep confidential information, that you will inevitably be privy to, confidential.
HERE IS WHAT YOU HAVE:
• Four year degree in Accounting, from an accredited institution of higher learning.
• 1 – 3 years related experience, paid or unpaid, is preferred.
EOE M/F/D/V/SO. Drug Free Workplace