As a Construction Materials Testing Field Technician, you will observe contractors on construction sites and perform basic field soil and concrete tests under the direction of other F&R technicians or engineering professionals to ensure that testing, sampling, or inspection is performed consistent with project specifications. With minimal paperwork involved, all observations and test data is input on smart phones in the field for immediate transmittal to our Project Managers for review.
The tasks may be required to perform include, but are not limited to:
• Performing field materials testing of soil, asphalt, and concrete.
• Preparing detailed and complete field reports with all relevant test results and observations provided.
• Performing basic laboratory tests on soil and concrete and preparing reports of results.
• Evaluating site conditions on construction projects and providing recommendations.
• Communicating with clients, contractors, and engineering and technician staff regarding construction issues.
• Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• A problem solver who can deal with a variety of variables at once.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to apply basic mathematical formulas and concepts to calculate quantities, estimate volumes, inspect constructed work, make recommendations in the field and to perform calculations for field and laboratory tests and equipment.
• At least some construction experience is required. Prior experience in Field testing is preferred.
• A High School Diploma (or equivalent).
• ACI Level I Concrete, State DOT, WACEL, or ICC certifications in the disciplines of soils, reinforced concrete, and masonry are a plus.
• Current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
• Ability to work in various weather conditions and lift 30 to 50 pounds repeatedly.
• A valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required.
Soils experience is a plus
EOE M/F/D/V/SO. Drug Free Workplace