As Ultrasonic Testing (UT) Technician – Level II , this position will perform structural steel inspections on commercial and industrial buildings as well as bridges and other roadway structures (including high-strength bolting). This position will also perform Ultrasonic shear wave testing as a Level II.
The tasks may be required to perform include, but are not limited to:
• Performing structural steel inspections on commercial and industrial buildings in accordance with project specifications/drawings and industry standards.
• Performing structural steel inspections on bridges and other roadway structures in accordance with project specifications/drawings and industry standards.
• High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) diploma.
• 3+ years of welding and/or steel inspection experience required.
• Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) certification required
• UT – Level II required.
Additional certifications preferred:
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT) – Level II
- Dye Penetrant Testing (PT) – Level II
• Experience in structural steel fabrication or assembly and erection for construction of bridges and building systems.
• Ability to work at heights with harness.
EOE M/F/D/V/SO. Drug Free Workplace