We are seeking a leader with a background in private sector and governmental construction projects to manage the providing of construction materials testing and special inspection services. As the Department Manager, you will coordinate the efforts of other engineers, technicians, special inspectors, and sub-consultants to deliver results that ensure our goal of exceeding our clients’ expectations on every project.
- Working with and managing a 20 person team of engineering technicians, engineers, and project managers
- Authoring and/or reviewing technical reports and letters.
- Work with staff of engineers, technicians, and admin personnel to provide service. Satisfy multiple and unrelated deadlines.
- Evaluating, selecting, and applying standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures, and criteria during the execution of engineering services.
- Mentoring/managing junior and senior CMT field and laboratory staff, and supervision of PM's and field technicians
- Participation in meeting the office’s business development, marketing and proposal goals.
- Will also need to self-manage projects, in addition to providing oversight to junior level staff
- The ideal candidate will have excellent people and organizational skills
- Must be a team leader who is self-motivated and performance driven
- Bachelors in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field
- PE License required, or ability to obtain within 1 year.
- 7+ years of experience in construction materials testing and inspections
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with having the ability to work in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record
F&R is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE. M/F/D/V/SO