This position will be a leader with a background in private sector and governmental construction projects to manage the providing of engineering services on numerous jobs at once. Since you will be the lead on a variety of projects, you will often have to coordinate the efforts of other engineers, technicians, special inspectors, and subconsultants to deliver results that ensure our goal of exceeding our clients’ expectations on every project.
The tasks may be required to perform may include, but are not limited to:
• Project management of construction materials testing and special inspection projects addressing building materials such as soils, asphalt, and concrete.
• Analyzing reports; maps; drawings; specifications and other project data.
• Coordinating or directing project budgets, record keeping, materials testing, and inspections.
• Coordinating with contractors.
• Supervising and directing engineering technicians, special inspectors and subcontractor.
• Evaluating, selecting, and applying standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures, and criteria during the performance of engineering services.
• Work with staff of engineers, technicians, and admin personnel to provide service. Satisfy multiple and unrelated deadlines.
• Authoring and/or reviewing technical reports and letters.
• Work may also include performing field testing and site visits.
• Field work will include testing soil, concrete, asphalt, and other construction materials at locations across our service area.
• The ideal candidate will have excellent people and organizational skills.
• Be a team player who is self-motivated and performance driven.
• Local candidates with knowledge of area business and industry practices preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Engineering Technologies, or a related field.
• PE registration required or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
• 1 - 7 years of construction materials inspection and testing experience preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication skills along with the ability to work in a team environment.
• Physical exertion will be required to climb scaffolding, move a loaded wheelbarrow, lift up to 50 lbs., or for similar activities.
• Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record.
EOE M/F/D/V/SO. Drug Free Workplace