F&R is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer for our Richmond, VA office. The candidate will serve as F&R’s Virginia Transportation Program Manager who will lead an independent department developing and performing work that provides professional services on a wide variety of projects, with emphasis on transportation projects in Virginia. Project experience should include: bridges, roadways and pavements, and retaining and shoring structures, as well as other civil works projects. This position will require travel to and from project sites in Virginia.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• Planning and coordinating field exploration and laboratory testing programs.
• Performing geotechnical engineering analysis, calculations and computer modeling.
• Preparation of geotechnical engineering project work scopes, budgets and proposals.
• Preparation of geotechnical engineering reports and deliverables.
• Managing geotechnical engineering projects from inception, including project schedules and budgets.
• Overseeing and providing guidance for support staff.
• Interacting with existing and potential clients.
• Interacting with F&R’s business development staff to evaluate potential projects and teaming arrangements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
• VA registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.), or ability to obtain within 6-months.
• 5 to 10 years of progressive geotechnical engineering experience including analysis and project management.
• Proficiency with VDOT geotechnical requirements, including seismic design considerations.
• Experience on design-build projects preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication skills along with the ability to work in a team environment.
• Robust project and task management skills, including scheduling, execution and follow-up.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, internally and externally, and demonstrate the ability to produce and review written reports for clients and senior staff.
• Be a team player who is self-motivated and performance driven.
• Local candidates with knowledge of area business and industry practices preferred.
• Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record.
F&R offers competitive salaries based on candidate experience, a bonus program, company vehicles, company equipment (smartphones and laptops), and other benefits including: health and dental insurance, 401K plan, Long Term Disability, Basic Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, paid time off for holidays and sick leave, and reimbursement for professional registration fees, certifications, society dues and meeting costs, and conference/trade association participation.
EOE M/F/D/V/SO. Drug Free Workplace